I'm about to start a large upgrade of my site (www.greenandgoldrugby.com) in a few weeks and have come across VaultWiki in my search.
First a bit of background; When vBulletin 4.0 is released I'll migrate our forums to this from smf. From there I'll be integrating our wordpress blog with vB which I believe it's already possible, and then we'll be looking for a wiki solution which led me to here.
Some of the features I'd like in a wiki are:
- BBCODE driven wysiwyg interface
- easy to code and edit tables; ideally these will be sortable like this
- full vB 4.0 integration; preferably driven by the vB theme as well
- version control; easy ability to rollback user changes in the case of vandalism
- levels of user security; ideally viewer, contributor (needs edits approved), author and admin
- The first post of a thread would be the wiki article, and it would show up as the first post of each page in a thread. Discussion on a wiki article would be as replies in the thread. This one isn't a showstopper but it would be an elegant solution imho.
To conclude, I'm interested to know if you feel VaultWiki is a good fit. I'm not in a huge rush, but would like to know if you intend to bring out a vb4.0 version, and a very rough guide as to when, and also how much it is likely to sell for.
Also, I quite like that hover-popup thing you've got here, is that a hack?