This is an old revision of this page, as edited January 24, 2010, 4:44 PM by pegasus(contribs). It may differ significantly from the current revision.
By downloading the Software, you confirm your intent to use it and you agree to the following terms and conditions. Such agreement is either on your own behalf or on behalf of any corporate entity which employs you or which you represent ('Corporate Licensee'). In this agreement, 'you' includes both the reader and any Corporate Licensee, should they be separate entities, and 'VW' refers to the VaultWiki Team:
1. Download AccessBefore downloading the Software, you ensure that all parties are notified of the terms of this agreement.
Before downloading, you must submit the URL where you are using (or plan to use) each license. The URL can be submitted via the Members Area (http://www.vaultwiki.org/members/).
You may download new versions of the Software for 365 days from the purchase of the license. When this right expires, you may still download versions of the Software that you were able to download prior to the time of expiration. You can extend this period in increments of 365 days by purchasing VaultWiki Renewals.
2. Permitted UseVaultWiki license grants you the right to run one instance (a single installation) of the Software on one vBulletin installation for each license purchased.
If you have a valid Software license, you may install it on a valid vBulletin test forum in order to test the Software.
vBulletin installations and test forums are subject to the rules and regulations set forth by the vBulletin License Agreement.
3. RestrictionsFor each installed instance of the Software, a separate license is required. For multiple domain installations, contact VW to find out if your setup can be covered under a single license.
The Software is licensed only to you. You may not sell, rent, lease, or dispose of the Software in any way, in whole or in part, without express written consent from VW.
You will treat the source code of the Software as confidential, and will not at any time during the license period or after its termination, disclose this data to any third party without express written consent from VW.
You will not use the Software for any illegal purposes. The Software may not be used for anything that would represent or is associated with Intellectual Property violation.
The license is effective until terminated. You may terminate it at any time by uninstalling the Software and destroying all copies, regardless of form.
If any of the terms of this Agreement are violated, VW reserves the right to terminate the Software license at any time.
VaultWiki may not be integrated into any stand alone third-party software applications, with the following exceptions: VaultWiki products and modifications, vBulletin products and modifications. For a public release, the integration must only be available to other VaultWiki licensees, or must not reveal the source code in significant part.
4. RefundsVW does not issue refunds after the Software has been downloaded. Otherwise, refunds will be given at the discretion of VW.
5. Software ModificationsThe Software source code may be altered at your own risk.
If you are downloading a VaultWiki addon product (the Addon), you agree that the terms and conditions of the VaultWiki License Agreement also apply to your use of the Addon and the definition of the "Software" is automatically expanded to include the Addon. Your license to the Addon is effective as long as your VaultWiki license remains effective. If at any time your VaultWiki license is terminated, the Addon license terminates simultaneously.
The Software copyright notices within the footer must remain unchanged (and visible). The Licensee may elect to purchase the Branding Removal service and apply it towards the Software in the Members Area. In this case, the copyright notices will automatically be disabled in subsequent downloads of the Software.
6. Disclaimer of WarrantyThe Software and its files are provided "As Is" without warranties as to performance of merchantability or any other warranties whether expressed or implied, including but not limited to, warranties of quality, performance, or fitness for a particular purpose. VW does not warrant that the Software or any related service will always be available.
7. Limitation of LiabilityVW does not monitor wikis powered by the Software or their related sites. VW is not liable for the content of any page published on any site that uses the Software.
VW cannot be held responsible and accepts no liability for any failure in transmission by you or for any transmission by you received in an unintelligible form.
You must assume the entire risk of using the Software. Any liability of VW will be limited exclusively to product replacement or refund of purchase price.
Except in respect of personal injury or death caused directly by the negligence of VW, in no event will VW be liable to you for any damages, including lost profits, savings, data, or any indirect, special, incidental, or consequential damages arising from the use or inability to use the Software, even if VW has been advised of damages.
8. Technical SupportTechnical support is available only through the web site at http://www.vaultwiki.org/. VW does not provide direct email or phone support. No representations or guarantees are made regarding the response time in which support questions are answered.
Technical support is only available to the original purchaser of the Software, provided the Software installation has been kept up to date with any upgrades, updates, or patches.
You may be provided technical support for 365 days from the purchase of the license. You can extend this period in increments of 365 days by purchasing VaultWiki Renewals.
Technical support is provided as an additional service by VW employees to the Licensee. Any correspondence with its employees that VW may deem inappropriate, including but not limited to, badgering, harassing, or making demands that are prohibited under the license agreement, may result, at the discretion of VW, in the discontinuation of support, the termination of the Software license, and/or the termination of membership at VW web sites.
9. GeneralOccasionally, VW may inspect your license integrity. This will be done without collecting any information about your server or your users, except your license number and the domain (or domains, where special approval was given) on which the Software is run. Should VW discover discrepancies in the software usage, be aware that you may lose your license and may face legal actions of Software Piracy. Your information will not be shared with third parties.
This Agreement constitutes the complete statement of the agreement between you and VW, and supercedes all representations, understandings, or prior agreements between you and VW.
VW reserves the right to modify these terms at any time, for any reason, without notice.
This Agreement is governed by the laws of the United States.