What Cookies AreCookies are small files stored on your computer by your web browser (such as Internet Explorer or Firefox) at the request of a site you're viewing. This allows the site you're viewing to remember things about you, such as your preferences and history or to keep you logged in.
Cookies may be stored on your computer for a short time (such as only while your browser is open) or for an extended period of time, even years. Cookies not set by this site will not be accessible to us.
- Registration and maintaining your preferences. This includes ensuring that you can stay logged in and keeping the site in the language or appearance that you requested.
- Analytics. This allows us to determine how people are using the site and improve it.
- Other third-party cookies for things like Facebook or Twitter sharing. These cookies will generally be set by the third-party independently, so this site will have no ability to access them.
Standard Cookies We SetThese are the cookies we set during normal operation of our web site.
- On our main support site:
- vw_userid stores the ID of the user account you are currently logged into.
- vw_password verifies that the password you used to log into this account has not changed since you logged in.
- vw_sessionhash stores a key, unique to you, which allows us to keep you logged into the account represented by vw_userid.
- vw_lastactivity stores the last time you loaded a page on the site.
- vw_lastvisit stores the previous time you had visited the site.
- vw_project_lastview stores the last time you loaded a page in our support tab.
- editor_height stores your preference if you changed the size of the text-editor while writing a message on our site.
- vw_skipmobilestyle stores your preference to use the normal site theme even on mobile devices.
- vbulletin_collapse stores your preferences about whether certain site elements should be expanded or collapsed.
- _ga and _gid are tokens that differentiate your site usage from the usage of other users without needing to use your personal information to do so.
- On our XenForo demo:
- xf_csrf stores a token, unique to you, which is used to verify that the actions you perform on this site were intended to be performed by you.
- xf_session stores the current ID of your session.
- xf_user stores a key, unique to you, which allows us to keep you logged in to the software as you navigate from page to page.
Removing/Disabling CookiesManaging your cookies and cookie preferences must be done from within your browser's options/preferences. Here is a list of guides on how to do this for popular browser software:
More InformationTo learn more about cookies, and find more information about blocking certain types of cookies, please visit the ICO website Cookies page.
What Cookies Are
Our Cookie Usage
Standard Cookies We Set
This page has been seen 735 times.
- No comments have been posted for this discussion.